Thursday, August 1, 2013

song of an angsty teenage girl





This outfit/shoot was inspired by The Virgin Suicides. Here is a poem I wrote called The Song of an Angsty Teenage Girl:
I don't understand 
what brought me here.
The undying love of God would be the answer
of the pleated skirt Sunday school girl
or the scientist would recite a complicated solution
mapping the directions of
every cell or molecule that slowly create
a product of society plastered
on this seemingly innocent body.
And no matter how much I try to escape
this corrupted structure of a wasteland 
devoid of your love,
you could still probably change me,
mold me into any form or figure
of your pure desire
and I will obediently sit
in this plastic little chair
and stare at the fake peeling wallpaper
(the peeling was always there)
in this fake house of dolls,
faking my understanding
of why I am so afraid
to break the mold you sculpted
oh so carefully,
without a single care in the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment