Friday, July 26, 2013

the bell jar













These photos are taken with my film camera. I seem to have a repeating theme with my photography: fantasy, eerie, surreal, dreamy...I seem to be drawn to photos that evoke that mood. A world in between the living and the dead. "The Bell Jar" is one of my favorite books by my favorite author Sylvia Plath. The book is very dark and relatable. I love everything about it. My favorite line is shown in the last photo. "I took a deep breath and listened to the old brag of my heart: I am, I am, I am." I have been obsessed with Sylvia Plath ever since I read this book in the seventh grade. I read "Letters Home" this summer and it was very insightful. I am reading "The Unabridged Journals of Sylvia Plath" right now. She was so talented and creative, yet lived in a mad and dark world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment