Wednesday, January 8, 2014

photo diary 7

my parents when they were itty bitty

Right now my obsession are turtlenecks, which is funny because i used to absolutely detest turtlenecks! (Speaking of which, I must post more fashion posts...I plan to post an outfit of the day tomorrow)  But now that is all I wear because it is so so cold (since when did the Midwest become Russia??). The last three days of school have been cancelled due to the snow and extremely cold weather. I've just been working and relaxing when I can. Again, I woke up early and took a walk outside in the midst of the snow. I didn't even notice the cold really for I was bundled up so well. Sometimes when I'm walking I like to repeat the mantra "a-ri-ga-to" which means thank you in Japanese. A few summers ago I went to a meditation session with a monk at a temple deep in the mountains and forest. He gave me a lucky rock which I often cast my wishes upon...Lastly, recently I have been listening non-stop to opera, arias, and Bach. I would like to see another opera soon...the last one I watched was Carmen. It was wonderful. Now I am currently reading: Walden by Thoreau. 

No comments:

Post a Comment