Monday, December 30, 2013

photo diary 5

//
The soft pale sky and delicate falling snow create a quiet hum. It's as if the whole world has fallen asleep buried in its winter cave. The ephemeral life of a snowflake makes it even more sweet and sad. Don't you think? I spend these halcyon days brewing coffee and reading "My Antonia" by the fire. Here's a lovely quote from the novel: I was entirely happy. Perhaps we feel like that when we die and become a part of something entire, whether it is sun and air, or goodness and knowledge. At any rate, that is happiness; to be dissolved into something complete and great. 
This coming new year I am going to devote myself to seeking that happiness, the kind that comes with the simple pleasures of life. I want to Wake up early in the mornings and meditate, walk in nature, eat almonds and tomato soup, press flowers, find poetry, grow herbs, watch French films, and learn the stories behind stones and stars and great people.

No comments:

Post a Comment